Monday, December 12, 2011

So Violet IS Dead!

source

So we finally learn for sure in Episode 10, Smoldering Children that Violet is indeed dead. I suspected this as soon as she took all of those pills -- it seemed clear to me that she was going to die. Read about why I thought this here, if you're interested.

It was a very emotional scene when Tate presented Violet the ghost with her dead body. It seemed like Tate was genuinely upset about her dying -- which shows a selfless action of his, finally. He wanted Violet to live because of what she could of accomplished, not dead for selfish reasons so she would stay in the house. Both Taissa Flemig and Ryan Murphy confirm that Taissa did not see her prosthetic dead body until she they filmed that scene -- so her reaction is pretty real. (Sources: Taissa Interview, Ryan Murphy Interview)

source

Tate does a good job of covering it up in the past few episodes. I re-watched the episodes in between and Tate actions make so much more sense now that we know what actually happened. When Viv wakes Violet up in the middle of the night, and he runs outside of her and is mumbling to himself -- he's not being as big of a creep as I originally thought, he doesn't want the ladies to find out! Also when Violet goes exploring in the attic and is spooked by Beau - he tells her that the spirits can't hurt her anymore. This whole act adds an interesting element to Tate's character. I wonder if in some way, his relationship with Violet could help him get over whatever it is that's plaguing him to be so evil -- or cross over.

I wondered, at first, whether or not Violet actually died because she overdosed -- I read some comments on various sites of people suggesting that maybe Ben actually killed her? This article in particular makes the suggestion that Ben is indeed sinister enough to do something like this.

Jen Chaney says, "Ben didn’t seem all that surprised about the flies swarming the apples in his living room. (His non-plussed response — a remark about how he should not have left food out — struck me as odd.) Also, Vivien told him when he came to visit her in the hospital, “I think you’re the one that’s crazy. I really mean it.” And then there was the way Tate, in his Rubber Man suit, attacked Ben. He seemed genuinely angry, especially when he hissed, “The only reason I’m not killing you is for her.” If Tate kills Ben on the premises, something he might want to do if he knows Violet’s dad is the real reason for her death, Violet will be stuck with Ben for eternity. So Tate refused to do it."
I'm not sure what I think about this -- it seems that Violet died in the same position that she was in lying on her bed after downing all of the pills, with her arms curled up. Even though her arms/hands do like they're grabbing at something around her neck. However the ghost Violet shows no outward signs of a struggle from being killed.

I wouldn't put it past Ben to do something like that, but I just don't see how it could make logically sense. It would make sense to me that Violet died in her bed and the whole shower scene with Tate was merely a lie to get her to think she didn't die alone.... but I'm not so sure that's even worth exploring.

The other thing that I looked into was the blowflies, that seem to have given away that Violet was indeed dead. First, I want to ask -- what do we think is going to happen with the missing exterminator in the next episode? I really hope the cops come investigating the Harmon's in one of the next two episodes -- there have been so many weird happenings and missing people in that house. It's just odd. Though, I guess most of the cases have been resolved -- the patient who slit her wrists, one of the home invasion people -- isn't someone seeing a pattern in Ben's patients? What about the other two burglars?

Regardless, it seems like blowflies start acting a corpse pretty quickly, and will grow in numbers even more rapidly -- which also seems like there would have been an explosion of them alot sooner, but perhaps that was a detail that was just overlooked.

What do you think, did Violet really die of the overdose? How do you think Viv and Ben are going to find out? Will they believe her?

Check out the spoilers if you can't wait for answers to some of those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment